In case of a Tutor or Program cancellation parents are notified by a Program Coordinator directly or students are informed of the cancellation by their Principal or School Secretary. It is important to speak with a Program Coordinator if you find that your child’s tutor is continuously late or misses a lot of tutoring sessions. A Program Coordinator can then speak with the tutor and discuss the situation and their commitment to the program.
After School Parents:
- Please be sure to contact one of the Program Coordinators by phone at 416-532-2824 ext. 244 or 246 as soon as possible if your child will be missing a tutoring session. It is important that your child’s tutor is then informed. Please note, the students’ school DOES NOT notify the On Your Mark Program Coordinators of the students’ absence from school. It is the parents responsibility to notify the Program Coordinators within a timely manner.
- Please be sure to contact one of the Program Coordinators by phone at 416-532-2824 ext. 244 or 246 as soon as possible if your child will be missing an upcoming SATURDAY tutoring session.
- For cancellations on the day of the session (Saturday morning) or if you need to cancel the day before a session(Friday) please be sure to leave a voicemail message BEFORE 9AM the Saturday of the cancelled date.
Consequences for not notifying of an absence:
- FIRST un-informed absence (not informing the Program Coordinator of your child’s absence) will result in a phone call to the parent/guardian.
- A SECOND uninformed absence will result in a warning letter being mailed.
- A THIRD uninformed absence will result in the student being removed from the program.